Visiting Thanh Dong Organic Farm
About this experience
Thanh Dong is the first model organic farm in Hoi An. This tour will give a deeper understanding into vegetable farming through experience. The visitors will learn about unique farming methods using all natural materials (chilis, onions, feces, etc.) and its positive effect on the environment.
Visitors will also experience the farm-to-table concept by enjoying a meal whose ingredients are harvested directly from the farm.
- Take the bicycle trip to a panoramic views from the picturesque villages in Hoi an
- Have interesting conversation with real farmers and participate in gardening activities
- Relax on the tranquil river with bamboo basket boat
- Enjoy Vietnamese cuisine and yummy dishes with particular flavour in an awesome space of The Field restaurant
Your positive contribution
Support Local Farmers
This tour program supports local farmers by supplementing their earnings from farming activities with earnings from tourism activities. Part of the fee goes to the community fund of the farmers.
* Price: $64/pax (adults); $32/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
8:30 a.m – 11:00 a.m
- Hotel/start-point pick-up then cycle to Thanh Dong Organic Farm
- Change into farmer’s uniform
- Introduction from the farmer about organic farm
- Experience daily activities of the farmers
- Harvesting vegetables
- Enjoy a light snack of cassava and green tea before taking a boat trip
11:00 a.m – 11:20 a.m
- Go to The Field restaurant by boat
11:20 a.m – 2:00 p.m
- Traditional folk games
- Lunch / Dinner
2:10 p.m – 2:30 p.m
- Travel back to the hotel/starting point
✓ Transfer and transportation as per itinerary (Bicycle/Van)
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Bottled drinking water
✓ Green tea
✓ Farming tools
✓ Basket boat
✓ Banh Xeo (local pancake) dishes demonstration
✓ Lunch/Dinner (depending on which program you choose)
✓ English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.30 a.m (morning tour) or 2.30 p.m (afternoon tour)at your hotel. If you wish to take our car service from Da nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?