Mini Cam Thanh Tour with Cooking Class
About this experience
Cam Thanh is a beautiful agricultural village just outside of Hoi An, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You will have a chance to meet the local farmers at Thanh Dong Organic farm and learn about their lives and farming techniques. They will then be taken to the Field restaurant by boat for their scheduled cooking class.
- Immerse yourself into a typical Vietnam countryside with lots of amazing peaceful pictures drawn by village, local people and nature.
- Meet and talk with the friendly farmers in Thanh dong organic farm, listen to their stories about technique of cultivating organic vegetable.
- Interact with a real Vietnamese farmer to get some fascinating experiences in growing vegetable.
- Take a basket boat trip on one of the most serene rivers in Hoi an.
- Have some fun with Vietnamese traditional folk games as well as cooking class in a unique bamboo house.
- Enjoy some delicious local food
Your positive contribution
Support Local Farmers
This tour program supports local farmers by supplementing their earnings from farming activities with earnings from tourism activities. Part of the fee goes to the community fund of the farmers.
* Price: $73/pax (adults); $37/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
- Our local guide will meet you at your hotel lobby.
- Take a bicycle trip to Thanh Dong Organic farm.
- Enjoy a short stroll around the vegetable garden while listening to the stories from the villagers, how their lives changed since they have been introduced to organic farming method.
- Afterwards we join the farmers and do some gardening activities like preparing and applying organic manure to the land, raking the ground, sowing, watering and harvesting vegetables.
- Go to the Field restaurant by boat.
- Welcome drink – Cooking class – Lunch / Dinner
- Back to hotel by car
✓ Transfer and transportation as per itinerary (Bicycle/Van)
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Bottled drinking water
✓ Green tea
✓ Farming tools
✓ Basket boat
✓ Cooking class
✓ English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.30 a.m (morning tour) or 2.30 p.m (afternoon tour)at your hotel. If you wish to take our car service from Da nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?