Local Cooking at Phong Nha National Park
About this experience
Bamboo cafe was opened last 2014 by a local couple, Hai and Vang, who are passionate about establishing sustainable tourism in the province. They want to employ only locals and they train them to provide the best quality service.
Their mission is to create memorable experiences with their guests. They opened cooking classes in their restaurant as well so you can indulge not only in the unforgettable experience but with local food as well.
In this tour, you will get to visit local market and learn 3 local dishes of your choice from a local chefs.
- Go to a local market to buy ingredients for your cooking class
- Learn how to cook 3 local dishes of your choice
- Enjoy the dishes you prepared and cooked
Your positive contribution
Adding value to locals’ jobs
This cooking class brings you to the local market for ingredient shopping where local sellers benefit from your purchase.
* Price:$32/pax (for a join-in tour). For a private tour, please contact us.
- Meet at bamboo cafe
- Your local chef will then take you to the market to shop and introduce you to local ingredients
- You will then come back to the restaurant to start your cooking class
- Enjoy the food that you just learned how to cook
✓ Local guide / chef
✓ Drinking water
✘ Personal expense (souvenirs)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Travel Insurance
- Starting time: 8:00AM
- Meeting point: Bamboo Cafe
- What to bring:
- Insect repellent
- Sunglasses, hat
What's the weather like?
- Quảng Bình is a province in central Vietnam, bordering Laos to the west and the South China Sea to the east.
- There are four separate seasons here: in spring (February to April), the temperature is around 18 to 25 degrees Celsius. In the summer (May to July), the temperature may reach up to 35 to 36 degrees Celsius. In the fall, temperature is around 22 to 28 degrees Celsius. In the winter, temperature about 12 to 16 degrees Celsius.
- Heaviest rainy season is from September to November. From April to August is the dry season. The hottest months are from June to August
Where to meet?