Lantern Making & Gardening at Hoi An
About this experience
Cycle away from Hoi An’s busy city center into its picturesque countryside and observe the daily life of Hoi An local people while learning about organic farming techniques. In this trip, create your own lantern, that are infamously known to light up Hoi An old town at night. Added bonus is being able to take home the lantern as a souvenir too!
- Picturesque bicycle ride in the countryside around Hoi An
- Cycling to a workshop where you can learn how to make your own miniature Hoi An lantern
- Bring home your own version of the colorful handcrafted lanterns
- Meet and talk with farmers of Tra Que village and learn about their organic farming techniques
Your positive contribution
Support Local Farmers
This tour program supports local farmers by supplementing their earnings from farming activities with earnings from tourism activities. Part of the fee goes to the community fund of the farmers.
* Price: $58/pax (adults); $29/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
- Pick-up from hotel, hop on your bicycle and ride away from Hoi An city into the surrounding countryside.
- First stop is the lantern-making workshop where you will get a brief introduction of the history of the lanterns before making your own.
- Keep cycling to Tra Que herb village around 3km.
- Take a short stroll around the vegetable garden and listen to history of the village and information about the plants grown there.
- Join the farmers to do some gardening activities.
- Enjoy foot soaking before having family style lunch/dinner at a local family’s place.
- You also have a chance to challenge your cooking experience by making “Bánh Xèo”.
- Back to your hotel after lunch/dinner by Van
✓ Transfer and transportation as per itinerary (Bicycle/Van)
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Bottled drinking water
✓ Craftsman’s labor
✓ Material for making the lantern
✓ Farming tools
✓ Foot soak
✓ Banh Xeo (local pancake) dishes demonstration
✓ Lunch/Dinner (depending on the time of tour you choose)
✓ English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.30 a.m (morning tour) or 2.30 p.m (afternoon tour)at your hotel. If you wish to take our car service from Da nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?