Cooking class in Hue: a local experience
About this experience
As the nation’s capital for roughly 200 years, Hue city is the cradle of quintessential cuisines from earthy street foods to sophisticated royal dishes. This cooking class in Hue will offer you a chance to go to a local restaurant to learn how to make three Hue tasty and special dishes from buying ingredients to preparing and cooking. On the back of a motorbike driven by local tour guide, you will be taken to the local market to learn how to choose the best ingredients for your food as well as how to bargain like a real Viet. You will learn how to prepare your ingredients at a local restaurant under the instruction of local chef.
- Visit a local market and learn how to bargain like a local Viet
- Open your cooking class session with a lesson to brew a tasty Vietnamese-style coffee
- Learn to cook up to three Vietnamese dishes with your local chef and bring home the recipe to wow your friends
- Enjoy your work of art with your friendly local tour guide
Your positive contribution
Women empowerment and good cause projects
This tour is operated by young enthusiastic female local tour guide on the most common vehicle in Vietnam: motorbike. With this special business model, travelers are helping empower our young female students through job training and employment opportunity.
For every tour, $2 contribution is made to a foundation for social and good cause projects.
8:30 AM: You will be picked up from your hotel and introduced to the program
9:00 AM: Morning coffee at Garden Coffee. You will learn to brew Vietnamese-style coffee
9:40 AM: Continue to visit and learn the history of Dong Ba market, the biggest and oldest commercial / wholesale market in the city. All ingredients for the cooking class will be bought here
10:30 AM: Leave Dong Ba market, and go back to garden house to start the cooking class
12:00 AM: Enjoy lunch together
1:00 PM: Finish the tour
✓ Food and non-alcoholic drinks
✓ Local English speaking tour guide
✓ T-shirts with logo
✓ Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
- Starting time: 8.30 a.m
- Meeting point: Your hotel’s hall
- What to bring:
- Clothing: depending on the season, light clothes in summer and warm clothes in winter
- We encourage our guests to bring reusable bottles to fill drinking water
What's the weather like?
- Weather in Hue is harsh and different from regions and areas in the province. It is affected by the Truong Son Mountain Range which brings the moisture to Hue, causing a foggy damp and showery weather.
- Coastal and delta regions have two seasons: dry season from March to August with hot and muggy atmosphere, sometimes the temperature reaches up to 39.9°C. From August to February is the rainy season. There are floods and typhoons in this season. The average temperature is 19.7°C, while also lowers to 8.8°C with cold air.
- Normally, in summer weather in Hue is very dry with short summer rains. The rains appear unpredictably but prolong for weeks. “Changeable” would be a right word to depict weather of Hue.
Where does the tour take place?