A Stay in Ta Lai Longhouse with Jungle Trek
About this experience
Ta Lai Longhouse is community-based tourism project which aims to directly contribute to nature conservation and developing the local community via ecotourism activities. The design of the Ta Lai Longhouse was based on the knowledge of local elderly men, designed according to the architectural style of a traditional Vietnamese longhouse, recalling memories from their past.
The Longhouse was built on a small hilltop overlooking the forest and nearby a lake in village 4 of the Ta Lai commune, 12 km from the National Park headquarter. The Longhouse was built using traditional architectural features and locally sourced material. Cat Tien National Park donated leaves for the roofing, bamboo for the walls and rattan for tying the materials together. The Longhouse has enough space for 30 guests to sleep on mattresses on the floor beneath mosquito nets.
- Experience living in a traditional house.
- Swimming in nearby lake
Your positive contribution
Support Local Community
Aside from the direct benefit of employing staff from the local community, significant amount of the fee you pay at the Longhouse goes back to the community fund. It is used to fund future projects that benefits the community.
* Price starts from $56/pax. For a price quote, please contact us.
11:30 – Check in & welcome drink
12:00 – Lunch at The Longhouse
13:30 – Village Tour or Biking around Village, Nam Cat Tien National Park
16:30 – Kayaking & swimming at Vam Ho Lake
18:00 – Dinner
19:30 – Free time
7:30 – Breakfast at Longhouse
8:30 – Green Hill Trek (This Trek should be in the morning)
12.00 – Lunch at Longhouse
14:00 – Check out
✓ Local guide
✓ Leech socks
✓ Leech repellent
✓ Drinking water
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Meals as indicated in the itinerary
✓ Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Starting time: Please check itinerary.
- Meeting point: Tours starts at Ta Lai Longhouse
- What to bring:
- Personal care items like bug repellent, sunscreen, etc.
- Good hiking/trekking shoes
What's the weather like?
- The climate is tropical in this area.
- During most months of the year, there is significant rainfall. There is only a short dry season.
- The average annual temperature is 26.0 °C.
Where to meet?