A day as a fisherman in Hoi An
About this experience
This small village is located just 5 kilometers away from Hoi An Ancient Town. This 7-hectare Nipa Palm forest served as a hiding place for the locals and soldiers during the American War. Today, it is a source of seafood for most people in the area and this is also where boats are safely docked during a typhoon.
In this tour, guests will be able to experience a couple of different ways of fishing by a local fisherman. Guests will also be able to experience riding on a Coracle, a unique basket boat designed and used by fishermen in Vietnam.
- Bicycling away from the busy Hoi An town to a small villages
- Casting of fishing nets
- Boat ride
- Fun coracle boat ride
- Local lunch in a local farmer’s house
Your positive contribution
Support livelihood of local families
This activity supports and promotes the local fisherman and local rice farmer’s families and livelihood.
– $46/pax (minimum of 2)
– Children price: 0 – 4yrs: F.OC; 5 – 11yrs: 50% discount ($23)
8:00AM – Hotel pick-up by bicycle and cycle through countryside village (other transport available upon request)
9:00AM – Arrive at the fishing village to meet a local family.
Learn about their life then hop on a boat to start your hands-on learning of the local Vietnamese way of fishing
11:00AM – Cycle through a rice farm towards a local farmer’s house
11:15AM – Arrive at local farmer’s house and learn how to process white rice
12:00PM – Enjoy lunch with the local farmer and his family
1:00PM – Cycle back to your hotel
✓ Bottled water during the trip
✓ Fun boat rides
✓ Welcome drinks: passion fruit juice
✓ Delicious local lunch
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Tips via personal support to the community fund
✘ Souvenirs you would like to buy
✘ Facilitator in other languages available upon request
- Starting time: 8 a.m at your hotel. If you do not stay in Hoi An, we can arrange transportation for you (additional cost).
- Meeting point: you hotel or Hoi An market (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- We encourage our guests to bring reusable bottles to reduce plastic waste
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.