Central Support Network for Vietnam
What is VCBT-N
The Vietnam CBT Network (VCBT-N) contributes to the formalization and recognition of community based tourism. It aims to enhance the quality and sustainability of positive impact projects already established and encourage new CBT initiatives in Vietnam.
The main functions include:
- Capacity building,
- Knowledge & resources,
- Policy & advocacy,
- Communication & connection
Vision & Mission
VCBT-N aims to create a sustainable support ecosystem for new and existing CBT programs to lift the inherent positive impact potential for local communities.
Our mission is to help stakeholder to realize maximum gains from responsible tourism for social, environmental and economic welfare of local communities.
Even the best developed CBT program cannot unfold its potential if the product does not appropriately reach customers. In order to reach more tourists and provide community-based tours in Vietnam to a global market VCBT-N provides a central e-marketing and booking management service. What does this mean? This means communities run the tours, we find them customers!
The reasons to become a member depend on your role and involvement. The VCBT-N aims to create value on every level through central support and collaborative local efforts.
Please click here for detailed information on the membership benefits.
General code of ethics: Awareness, Respect and Responsibilities
- Cultural responsibility: Be aware of the actual and potential impact of tourism on cultural heritage and respect historic sites.
- Environmental responsibility: Assess environmental impact, manage natural diversity and where appropriate restore it. Ensure that negative impacts are reduced to the minimum and maximizing positive ones. Do not engage in the trading of products that are made from endangered species (flora or fauna).
- Economic responsibility: Local community members shall be employed to deliver the services to clients. Promote benefit sharing to maximize local economic benefits. Market tourism in ways that reflect the natural, cultural and social integrity of the destination.
- Social responsibility: Assess social impacts to minimize negative and maximize positive ones. Actively involve the local community.
For stakeholder specific code of ethics, please click here.
- Every member is expected to be supportive of the network and other network members to the best of its ability.
- In general we expect our members to:
- Openly share experience with CBT Network members
- Keep the membership profile updated, including but not limited to: Contact person and data; Fields of experience and expertise; info for communities you worked with
- Respond timely to VCBT-N management or member enquiries
- Participation in annual CBT survey
For stakeholder specific expectations, please click here.
The first year of membership is 100% FREE if you have a legitimate interest in community based tourism. We only expect you to share and support other members when in need.