The Ancient Village of Dong Ngac
About this experience
Urbanization hasn’t touched the ancient town of Dong Ngac located about 10 km from Hanoi. This quaint, beautiful village retains old architectural designs and brings history to life. Stepping into the village will feel like stepping into a different time. You will walk on brick roads and see old buildings, among which the oldest is the village’s communal house bearing typical and unique architectural traits from Le Dynasty. In Dong Ngac village, each banyan tree, each boat port, each tile on the road has their own story.
The charm of this village is not only on its architecture but the warmth and friendliness of the locals as well. If you’re a nostalgic soul who seeks for long lost stories to reminiscence, then this is the place for you.
- Visit a local market
- Interactive cooking demonstration
- Delicious lunch with local host
- Relaxing in a courtyard
- Bike around vegetable and flower gardens (full day)
- Join farming activities (full day)
- Visit local family making tofu (full day)
Your positive contribution
Support local families
In this tour, you will get a chance to see a preserved ancient village, interact with locals and supplement their income through your visit.
* Price: from $25/pax (without transportation) and $29/pax (with transportation). For the best price, please contact us.
8:00 – Pick-up and leave Hanoi
8:30 – Arrive at the village.
Get your bicycle, then cycle your way to the local market where your guide will help you explore the market and the local products sold.
9:30 – Cycle your way deeper into the village.
Explore the village and visit the Communal House whose architectural design is shaped like a dragon, then visit the oldest school in the village built in 1921.
10:30 – Go to the hosting family for an interactive cooking demo, you will get a chance to experience cooking a local dish yourself and have it for lunch!
After your delicious lunch, you can then enjoy the host family’s garden and lounge on a reclining chair.
12:30 – Travel back to Hanoi
13:00 – Arrive Hanoi. End of tour
✓ Entrance fee
✓ English speaking tour guide
✓ A bottle of water
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Facilitator in other languages available upon request
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.30 a.m at Dong Ngac village. If you wish to take our car service, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Dong Nhac village, Tu Liem district, Hanoi (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- What to bring:
- Clothing: light and comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, long-sleeves T-shirt (you don’t want to get too much of sunburn)
What's the weather like?
- Located in tropical zone, Ha Noi has abundant radiation around year. Average total of radiation is accounted to 122.8Lcal/cm2, sunshine hour is 1641 and annual temprature is 23.6ºC. June is hottest month and the temprature may reachs to 38ºC. The coldest month is recorded in January.
- Ha Noi receives relatively high humidity and rainfall. The average annually humidity is 79% and rainfall is 1,800mm a year.
- Ha Noi experiences four seasons a year. May to September are hot and rainy months. Dry winter lasts from November to March next year. Autumn and Spring are transition seasons of April to October. The weather changes follow four seasons, which contribute to diversified feature of Ha Noi’s climate.
Where to meet?