Handicraft village tour in Hoi An
About this experience
In its golden years, Hoi An emerged as the most important trading port in Southeast Asia between the 16th and 17th centuries. It has become an outstanding material manifestation of the fusion of cultures over time and is considered a living museum of architecture and urban lifestyle. Together with the well-developed economy and culture, many handicraft villages were born to meet the demand at the time. Along with the rise of the new port – Da Nang, Hoi An was forgotten. Handicraft villages are also fading under the pressure of modernization. However, if you know where to look, there are still passionate, determined craftsmen keeping traditions alive for our future generations.
This handicraft tour will bring you to a beautiful, remote countryside just right outside of Hoi An to visit two handicraft villages that still remain until today. Your craftsmanship will be put to the test as you make your own take away gift, To he (little figurines made from glutinous rice powder).
- Boat ride on the beautiful Thu Bon river
- Pottery village tour
- To he making
- Visit to old carpentry village
Your positive contribution
Local artisans are supported and benefit from tourist visits. This allows them to keep the traditional art alive for generations to come.
* Price: $41/pax (adults); $21/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
- Hotel pick-up and travel to Bach Dang dock for a boat ride
- Travel to Thanh Ha village by boat
- Explore the village and dozens of family-owned pottery shops
- Observe all the steps in pottery-making
- Make To-he
- Continue to Kim Bong village and see traditional techniques in building ships
- Return to Bach Dang dock where tour ends
✓ Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Tourist boat
✓ Snack & Soft drink 1 unit/pax on cruise
✓ English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 9.00 a.m (morning tour) or 3.00 p.m (afternoon tour)at your hotel. If you wish to take our car service from Da nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?