Rare Monkey Sightings with Cave Exploration
About this experience
The Red-shanked Douc and Hatinh Langur are endemic to Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park where the best sighting months are between April to August.
The early morning and late afternoon time of this tour adapts to their feeding time and behavior which allows observers a greater chance of seeing them.
In this tour, you will taken to the viewing area, a short walk from the drop-off site. From the there, you will then be given binoculars for a better view of these monkeys.
Aside from primate viewing, you will get to enjoy the beautiful landscape of the park.
- A chance to see 2 primates: Red-shanked Douc and Hatinh Langur
- Cave Exploration
- Barbecue lunch
Your positive contribution
Environmental protection & sustainable local employment
By booking this tour, you are employing local guides who would otherwise be hunters and loggers. Part of your fees goes to the sanctuary, environmental upkeep and maintenance of the jungle and its inhabitants.
* Price starts from $105/pax (for a join-in tour). For a private tour, please contact us.
*If you would like to skip the cave tour and take a long break instead, please let us know as the price will be lower
04:30 – 5:15: You will be picked up at your hotel
05:15 – 5:30: Short walk to the watching spot in the National Park
05:30 – 08:30: Watch the Red-shanked Douc Langur through your binoculars
08:30 – 10:30: Transport back to town to have a break
10:30 – 12:30: Explore Phong Nha Cave / Paradise Cave
12:30 – 14:00: Enjoy barbecue lunch
15:30 – 16:15: Transport to the watching point to see the Hatinh Langur
16:30 – 18:00: Find and watch the Hatinh langur
18:00 – 18:45: Transport back to Hotel and tour end
✓ English speaking guide
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Breakfast and Lunch
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Travel Insurance
- Starting time: 4:30 AM at your hotel.
- Meeting point: Your hotel in Phong Nha
- What to bring:
- Good trekking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Long sleeve shirt, trousers
What's the weather like?
- Quảng Bình is a province in central Vietnam, bordering Laos to the west and the South China Sea to the east.
- There are four separate seasons here: in spring (February to April), the temperature is around 18 to 25 degrees Celsius. In the summer (May to July), the temperature may reach up to 35 to 36 degrees Celsius. In the fall, temperature is around 22 to 28 degrees Celsius. In the winter, temperature about 12 to 16 degrees Celsius.
- Heaviest rainy season is from September to November. From April to August is the dry season. The hottest months are from June to August
Where to meet?