Phong Nha Farmstay & Cave Exploration
About this experience
Immerse yourself in the beauty and tranquility of rural Vietnam, between the coast and the mountains. This region of north Central Vietnam is home to Phong Nha national park where beautiful caves were discovered.
This program involves a stay in a homestay in the middle of a farm in Phong Nha. The house is located in the middle of rice paddy fields where you can relax after a day’s adventure into the National Park.
This part of Vietnam will take you on a trip into a photographer’s paradise.
- A stay in a community-built homestay
- National Park Tour
- Enjoy the calmness of the farmstay and the surrounding fields
Your positive contribution
Support of Local Employment
This program involves tours managed and run by locals and full payment goes to them, the farmstay does not take commission. The homestays nearby and the activities around Phong Nha Farmstay creates employment and sustainable economy within the village.
* Price:$134/pax (Rooms are private, tours are join-in). For a private tour, please contact us.
- 1 night at one of our surrounding Farmstay extensions to stay in a community built homestay
- National Park Tour on day 1 or 2 depending your arrival and checkout time
- National Park Tour includes starts at 8:00AM.
- The National Park Tour will give you an overview of the National Park and the popular attractions.
- Starting with some history and culture at 8 Ladies Cave and the Highway 20 War Martyrs Memorial, in the morning, you then visit the spectacular Paradise Cave where you will have time to take in the scale and beauty of this cave passage. Then you will trek through the jungle to get to the barbecue lunch spot. After lunch you will proceed to Tra Ang cave.
- There will be a compulsory 600-meter swim inside the cave.
- Free breakfast after your first night
- Transportation included (to/from train station, airport or Phong Nha town)
✓ Meals as indicated in the itinerary
✓ Transportation as indicated in the itinerary
✓ Activities as indicated in the itinerary
✘ A la Carte Menu Items
- Starting time: 8:30 a.m at Bamboo Cafe. If you wish to be picked up at your hotel, please let us know so we can give you a car pick-up quote.
- Meeting point: Bamboo Cafe in Phong Nha, Quang Binh province (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- What to bring:
- Good trekking shoes
- Swimwear and Towel (but not your hotel’s)
- Insect repellent
- Long sleeve shirt, trousers, hat & sunscreen, change of clothes
What's the weather like?
- Quảng Bình is a province in central Vietnam, bordering Laos to the west and the South China Sea to the east.
- There are four separate seasons here: in spring (February to April), the temperature is around 18 to 25 degrees Celsius. In the summer (May to July), the temperature may reach up to 35 to 36 degrees Celsius. In the fall, temperature is around 22 to 28 degrees Celsius. In the winter, temperature about 12 to 16 degrees Celsius.
- Heaviest rainy season is from September to November. From April to August is the dry season. The hottest months are from June to August
Where to meet?