Pho Cooking Class in Hoi An
About this experience
Pho is considered the essence of Vietnamese cuisine, offered in almost every Vietnamese restaurant in the world. Pho consists of flat rice noodles and meat-based broth. The dish is usually accompanied by basil, lime, chili, and other extras on the side so that eaters can season the soup to their own taste. The balanced tastes of sweet, salty, spicy, and citrus is highly appetizing.
Wanna learn to unfold the secrets of this classic dish? Come join us in a complete journey from picking up ingredients yourself to leaning back and contemplating your Pho bowl.
*Vegetarian option available
- Visit to the lively, local market of Hoi An
- Join and discover the history, and techniques used in making a classic pho
- Opportunity to enjoy a hot bowl of self-made Pho
- Make dried Pho and take home
- Take home a recipes folder as souvenirs
Your positive contribution
Support local economy
Interact directly with local farmers and contribute to a more sustainable life.
* Price: $56/pax (adults); $35/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
You will be picked up at your hotel lobby, the class starts with a visit to the Cua Dai Market – a small local market located by the Thu Bon River. Take a short walk along the river and embark on a 20 min paddle boat ride to reach the Full Moon Town Restaurant.
9:00 – 10:30
Listen as your host shares stories and secrets about how to make the fresh Pho noodle as the way Vietnamese do. Get to mixing, and cooking together as you discover the quintessential methods and learn more about history and culture.
Make your own Pho noodle and dry it.
10:30 – 12:00
Familiarize with the ingredients. Your instructor guides you as you work together to make the best Pho broth.
Picking fresh organic herbs for your Pho and preparing some papaya pickle as a side dish.
When the meal is prepared, it’s time to feast on your creations. Savor, and indulge in the rich flavors and authentic aromas the hot bowl of Pho.
Transfer back to your hotel
✓ Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
✓ Welcome local drink
✓ Bottled drinking water
✓ Small boat
✓ Local chef
✓ English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.00 a.m at your hotel. If you wish to take our car service from Da nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?