Overnight stay and discovery in Yen Duc Village
About this experience
Yen Duc village is located along the highway between Hanoi and Ha Long Bay (60km west of Ha Long Bay and 100km from Hanoi). A visit in this village is a great way for you to relax and experience life in a rural community.
This is one of the villages in the Red River Delta that still retains its authentic lifestyle. The local people’s lives revolve around rice cultivation and farming activities. Passing through the village, you will still find the charming rice fields, traditional houses and gardens, and friendly locals working on their farms. In addition to its natural beauty, Yen Duc village is also rich in history. Stories of sacred legends and relics from Ly and Tran dynasties – two of the most glorious dynasties during Vietnamese history – are passed down through generations.
- Admire the charming scenery and the amazing tranquility in Yen Duc village
- Enjoy a unique village retreat accommodation, surrounded by rice fields or stay with locals in their humble yet cosy home
- Visit local people and be amazed with their hospitality
- Join local activities (fishing, gardening, going to local market, etc.) to come close to real experience of a farmers
- Enjoy the water puppetry show performed by the villagers – a unique art form originated from Northern Lowland area
- Have delicious home-cooked meals prepared with local ingredients
Your positive contribution
Promoting local economy & responsible tourism
Yen Duc village tour is a community based tourism project developed since 2011 with the aim to support local community and bring more unique experience to visitors. More importantly, the project hopes to become a highlight and a case study for responsible tourism in the context of dominant mass tourism in Ha Long Bay region.
This 2 day 1 night trip includes a nice stay in Viet House, unique village retreat accommodation, surrounded by rice fields in Yen Duc village. Cycling to discover peaceful village, talking with local people and visiting their family home should amaze you with lots of cultural insights and fun. In addition, joining local activities (fishing, gardening, visiting the culture house of village, local market…) will bring you close to real experiences in the daily life as a farmer, while enjoying delicious, homemade Vietnamese food and soaking in the peaceful life in countryside of Vietnam
Day 1: Yen Duc village – The culture house of village and local house visiting – Farming experience (L, D)
11.00 a.m. Arrive at Yen Duc village. Enjoy a welcome drink and free time for discovering the poetic landscape.
12.00 p.m. Have lunch at a local house. Check-in, then have relaxing time at Viet House.
3.30 p.m. Visit the communal house and an ancient house in the village to gain a deeper understanding of village life and Vietnamese family traditions.
4.00 p.m: Participate in farming work like fishing, gardening, etc. and interact with local people.
7.00 p.m. Enjoy a special Vietnamese dinner featuring the fruits of your day’s labor.
8.30 p.m. Participate in making traditional floating rice cakes (Banh Troi)
9.30 p.m. Overnight in Viet House.
Day 2: Local market – Water puppet show (B, L)
06.30 a.m. Start the new day with a morning exercise. Enjoy a nice breakfast, and then take a stroll around the village in the fresh air.
09.30 a.m. Visit the local market and a villager’s home where you will learn how to make special brushes and fans from areca palm tree leaves.
11.00 a.m. Return to Viet House, check out. Have lunch and relax.
2.00 p.m: Enjoy water puppet show by local artist. Your trip now concludes, leaving you with memory of peaceful Yen Duc.
✓ Accommodation by package options (Deluxe room at Viet House or a
comfortable room in local homestay)
✓ All meals during the tour
✓ Activities and sightseeing places
✓ Water puppet show
✓ English-speaking tour guide in the village
✓ Local travel insurance
✘ Shuttle bus Hanoi – Yen Duc village – Hanoi
✘ Personal expenses
✘ Bank charges (for card payments)
- Meeting point: your hotel if transportation is booked. If not, meet at Yen Duc village (tour starting point). An exact pinpoint will be sent upon tour confirmation.
- What to bring:
- Personal items like: sunglasses, sunblock, wide brimmed hat, insect repellent, comfortable clothing and shoes, warm clothing (in the winter)
- Trip notes:
- Depending on the trip the check in and check out time will be managed. Late check in and early check out upon availability.
- Farming activities and sightseeing in the village can be managed depending on each season. This itinerary might subject to changes without prior notice.
What's the weather like?
Quang Ninh is a province along the northeastern coast of Vietnam. The province is home to Hạ Long Bay, a World Heritage Site.
Quảng Ninh’s climate is symbolic of the climate of North Vietnam; featuring all four seasons. In summer, it is hot, humid and rainy, while monsoons flourish. The average annual temperature recorded is 22.9°C. Winter is cold and temperature can go down to 1 – 3°C.
Storms have a large influence on the province, mainly in June, July and August. The intensity can be extremely strong, especially in island and coastal regions.
Where is it?