Jungle Trek & Wildlife Spotting at Phong Nha
About this experience
Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is considered as one of the best spots of biodiversity in the world and is home to some of the most beautiful and rare species. You will get a great chance to learn about conservation background and meet and residents and rescues of the Wildlife center.
Then you will trek through the primary forest and acquire more knowledge about your stunning surroundings from a local expert’s point of view who has been working at Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park for 8 years. You will also get a chance to go through a “Secret Route” which the soldiers used during the war and learn about its historical reference. Then enjoy a barbeque lunch cooked at the “Weapon Cave”. After the trek you have the option to swim in a crystal natural swimming pool.
Afterwards, soak in the view of the beautiful park on the back of a motorbike driven by a licensed Vietnamese local rider who used to be hunters and loggers as you travel between the Wildlife Rescue Center and the Botanical Garden.
This tour includes quite a challenging hike through the jungle to a primary forest, so please make sure you are fit and ready! It’s a great opportunity for you to support the wildlife efforts and the community surrounding it.
- See wildlife up close as observers
- Learn about wildlife and rescue
- Learn about the endemic species in the jungle
- Walk through history – take a path that soldiers took
- Delicious barbecue meal
- Optional swimming in a natural swimming pool
Your positive contribution
Environmental protection & sustainable local employment
By booking this tour, you are employing local guides who would otherwise be hunters and loggers. Part of your fees goes to the sanctuary, environmental upkeep and maintenance of the jungle and its inhabitants.
* Price:$65/pax (for a join-in tour). For a private tour, please contact us.
08:30 – 8:45: Start at Bamboo Cafe to Wildlife Rescue Station.
08:45 – 09:45: Experience the Wildlife Rescue Station (learn stories; see the wildlife)
09:55 – 10:10: Transport to Botanical Garden
10:15 – 12:30: Trekking through the jungle
12:45 – 13:45: BBQ Lunch in Jungle and rest
14:00 – 16:30: Trekking through the primary forest and back to the Botanical Garden.
16:30 – 17:00: Swimming at the beautiful natural pool
17:00 – 17:15: See some wildlife animals at the Rehabilitation Center
17:15 – 17:30: Transport back to Phong Nha and the tour ends
✓ Activities as indicated in the itinerary
✓ Meals and snacks as indicated in the itinerary
✓ Motorbike helmet
✓ Rain poncho (if required)
✓ Entry fees
✓ Experienced English speaking guide
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Travel Insurance
- Starting time: 8:30 a.m at Bamboo Cafe. If you wish to be picked up at your hotel, please let us know so we can give you a car pick-up quote.
- Meeting point: Bamboo Cafe in Phong Nha, Quang Binh province (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- What to bring:
- Good trekking shoes
- Swimwear and Towel (but not your hotel’s)
- Insect repellent
- Long sleeve shirt, trousers, hat & sunscreen, change of clothes
What's the weather like?
- Quảng Bình is a province in central Vietnam, bordering Laos to the west and the South China Sea to the east.
- There are four separate seasons here: in spring (February to April), the temperature is around 18 to 25 degrees Celsius. In the summer (May to July), the temperature may reach up to 35 to 36 degrees Celsius. In the fall, temperature is around 22 to 28 degrees Celsius. In the winter, temperature about 12 to 16 degrees Celsius.
- Heaviest rainy season is from September to November. From April to August is the dry season. The hottest months are from June to August
Where to meet?