Hoi An Bicycling Countryside Tour
About this experience
Explore the Hoi An known to locals with village scenes, family farms, fishing ports, local foods, religious traditions, family life and friendly residents are waiting to be discovered. This half-day cycling adventure takes you beyond the tourist zones to immerse you in the culture, history, and commerce of the region on a tour designed for all ages, families, even kids.
- Bike historic alleyways of Hoi An in the early morning
- Explore beautiful countryside away from the hustle & bustle of Hoi An.
- Meet local artisans practicing traditional weaving methods.
- Be welcomed into the home of a local family.
- Visit traditional boat building & fishing ports.
- See farming methods practiced for generations.
- Enjoy fresh fruit Snacks and beverages along the ride.
- Local freshly made rice flour specialty.
Your positive contribution
Support local livelihoods
Interact directly with local farmers and contribute to a more sustainable life.
- Join-in group tour:
+ Adult: $37 / pax
+ Teenager (13 – 15 years old): $33
+ Child (5-12 years old): $26
+ Infant (0 – 4 years old): $19
- Private tour: starting from $63/pax (for a group of 8 people)
This tour starts at 8:00AM for a little orientation, and bike and helmet fitting. Your guide will fit your bike, give a safety briefing, and provide an overview of the tour.
The real exploration begins with the hidden passageways and winding alleyways of Hoi An, the iconic Japanese bridge in the historic district.
Crossing first the canal bridge near the night market we continue to the new metal bike bridge connecting Hoi An proper and its southern villages of Quang Nam Province.
Not far from the bridge we visit a local family making Banh Beo in the traditional method. These small, savory rice flour bowls are a common breakfast staple in the countryside.
We continue riding to one of Hoi An’s most beautiful villages, stopping at a family home to learn about the tradition of family chapels. Our host is nearly 90 and vividly remembers his experiences in the American war.
We pedal past rice fields and vegetable farms along small canals and waterways towards a wooden boat-building site. Fishing is still the lifeblood of the province and the construction of these ships is quite amazing to witness and photograph.
If the timing is right, we’ll also see families gathered to clean fishing nets between journeys at sea.
The roads narrow again to concrete paths and our final stops include a traditional mat weaving shop and a family distillery where rice wine has been produced in the same manner for generations.
It’s a short ride from here to where we board a local ferry for a trip back to town. Have your cameras ready for great views of the Hoi An waterfront.
We finish the ride aboard a small ferry for the short transfer back the Hoi An waterfront. There’s time to relax and enjoy a complimentary drink from our ice-cold fridge at the end of the tour (around 12.00 PM). It’s a calming end to a fun day out on a bike in Hoi An.
✓ English speaking, professional cycle and tour guides.
✓ Top Quality Merida & GT bikes.
✓ Bike sizes for all ages, including kids.
✓ Helmet’s meeting international standards.
✓ Coffee or tea and fresh fruit at snack stop.
✓ Cold water in refillable bottles all tour.
✓ All entrance fees where applicable.
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Tips via personal support to the community fund
✘ Souvenirs you would like to buy
✘ Facilitator in other languages available upon request
- Starting time: 8 a.m at your meeting point (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- What to bring:
- Clothing: Dress in comfortable clothes for biking with proper footwear. Flip-flops and loose sandals not advised.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat are recommended
- Thin plastic rain poncho will be provided in rainy weather
- Guests should be comfortable on a bike and in reasonable physical condition.
- Gratuities are optional and always appreciated.
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.