Hipaya Organic Farm Tour
About this experience
No one said it is easy to grow in natural way, but it certainly is the most sustainable method of agriculture. Hipaya Garden, founded and managed by a team of young people who are knowledgeable and passionate about healthy food and agriculture, is dedicated to providing food for today while protecting the land for future generations.
Located in the poetic ancient town of Hoi An, Hipaya Garden’s doors are open to anyone who is keen on organic farming and sustainable lifestyle. But if you’d like to take one step further into nature’s classroom, Hipaya Organic Farm Tour is where you can smell, touch and taste organic vegetables in their raw state and learn about their different growth stages from seeding to harvesting.
Participants will learn directly from the farmers about their organic, ecological and agricultural methods that “promote a respect for the diversity, dignity, and interdependence of human, animal, plant, soil, and global life” while supporting economic sustainability.
- A better understanding of where your food comes from
- A close look at organic farming methods
- Experience Vietnamese farming practices
- Learn to make Vietnamese traditional food and herbal drinks
- A delicious lunch harvested, prepared and cooked by you!
Your positive contribution
Encouraging sustainable farming in Vietnam
You feel good, both about yourself and the planet, because you buy organic food. But do you know what organic truly means? Do you know how hard it is for organic farmers to keep up their practices? There are so many obstacles that natural farming has to face while chemical use is easy and cheap. Your visit and understanding would be a huge support and promote awareness to smallholder farmers in the region to follow this path.
* Price: from $16/pax. For private tour, please contact us.
* What will you do?
– Introduction to organic farming and Hipaya Garden (20 minutes)
– Experiencing real farming life: you will be joining farmers at Hipaya Garden and learn to do basic farming techniques, from planting, weeding, ploughing to harvesting. (75 minutes)
✓ Entrance fee
✓ English-speaking guide
✓ Local lunch you learn to cook yourself (for cooking class tours only)
✓ Use of farming tools and equipment
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Tips / gratuities
✘ Produce / products of Hipaya Garden as souvenir
✘ Guide in other languages available upon request
- Starting time: flexible
- Meeting point: Hipaya Organic Farm (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes and shoes for outdoor / farming activities
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- We encourage our guests to bring reusable bottles to reduce plastic waste
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
Where is Hipaya Garden?