Exploring Hoi An Countryside with "Xe Om"
About this experience
Discover the less tourist crowded countryside near Hoi An. Witness and enjoy observing the daily life of people in this rural part of Central Vietnam from the back of a motorbike.
In this tour, you will see traditional art still practised today such as ship building and mat weaving. You’ll also get to try out a local delicacy, Bánh Đập.
- Fun “Xe Om” ride with experienced driver
- Beautiful scenery
- Visit to a century-old house
- Crossing a 300m bamboo bridge on a motorbike
- Visit to a local market
Your positive contribution
Support local economy
Interact directly with local farmers and contribute to a more sustainable life.
* Price: $70/pax (adults); $35/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
- You will be picked up from your hotel at Hoi An city
- Cross over the steel bridge to Cam Kim Island where we pay a visit to the first stop: a hundred year – old Ancestral House of Mr. Huynh Ri and a traditional ship building yard.
- After meeting some local families you will have a chance to learn the art of mat weaving, farming, making the perfect “Bánh Đập,” a local treat and coffee roasting.
- Make sure you sit tight on the motorbike when crossing the 300- meter long bamboo bridge to Binh Duong Hamlet and reach the Thu Bon river mouth.
- The next stop is to explore Noi Rang market & Duy Hai fish market.
- Cross the Cua Dai Bridge where you can have a spectacular panoramic views of Hoi An as well as the nipa palm fringed Cam Thanh
- Head back to the hotel
✓ Transfer & transportation as per itinerary
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Bottled drinking water
✓ Drinks (water, cafe, soft drinks each guest 1 unit)
✓ Enjoy perfect Banh Dap rice crackers
✓ Fees for visit Ancient house
✓ Helmet, Raincoat
✓ English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Lunch / dinner
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.00 a.m or 2.00 p.m on your tour booking. If you wish to take our car service from Da Nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?