One day discovery in Yen Duc Village
About this experience
Yen Duc village is located along the highway between Hanoi and Ha Long Bay (60km west of Ha Long Bay and 100km from Hanoi). A visit in this village is a great way for you to relax and experience life in a rural community.
This is one of the villages in the Red River Delta that still retains its authentic lifestyle. The local people’s lives revolve around rice cultivation and farming activities. Passing through the village, you will still find the charming rice fields, traditional houses and gardens, and friendly locals working on their farms. In addition to its natural beauty, Yen Duc village is also rich in history. Stories of sacred legends and relics from Ly and Tran dynasties – two of the most glorious dynasties during Vietnamese history – are passed down through generations.
- Admire the charming fields, the amazing tranquility in Yen Duc village
- Visit the communal house and learn about the important role of a communal house in Vietnam’s Northern Lowland Culture
- Visit a villager’s home and be amazed by their hospitality
- Get your hands dirty with farming activities and other daily activities in your host’s house
- Enjoy the water puppetry show performed by the villagers – a unique art form originated from Northern Lowland area.
- End the exciting tour with a delicious home-cooked meal prepared with local ingredients.
Your positive contribution
Promoting local economy & responsible tourism
Yen Duc village tour is a community based tourism project developed since 2011 with the aim to support local community and bring more unique experience to visitors. More importantly, the project hopes to become a highlight and a case study for responsible tourism in the context of dominant mass tourism in Ha Long Bay region.
* Can start from Hanoi or a stop-over option from Ha Long Bay on the way back to Hanoi
- Arrive Yen Duc village
- Admire the charming fields, the amazing tranquility of the village.
- Visit a farming garden and a local family’s house.
- Meet and talk with the friendly villagers and get understanding of local life and family tradition.
- Pass through the fields to visit the culture house of village with its views of poetry inspiring scenery
- Enjoy amazing water puppet show in the village fields, presented by village artists.
✓ Dinner if indicated in the itinerary
✓ Activities and sightseeing places as indicated in the itinerary
✓ Water puppet show
✓ English-speaking tour guide in the village (applied for 5 hour tour)
✓ Local travel insurance
✘ Car transportation (see “Your itinerary”)
✘ Personal expenses
✘ Bank charges (for card payments)
✘ Tips / gratuities
- Meeting point: your hotel if transportation is booked. If not, meet at Yen Duc village (tour starting point). An exact pinpoint will be sent upon tour confirmation.
- What to bring:
- Personal items like: sunglasses, sunblock, wide brimmed hat, insect repellent, comfortable clothing and shoes, warm clothing (in the winter)
Trip notes: Farming activities and sightseeing in the village can be managed depending on each season. This itinerary might subject to changes without prior notice.
What's the weather like?
Quang Ninh is a province along the northeastern coast of Vietnam. The province is home to Hạ Long Bay, a World Heritage Site.
Quảng Ninh’s climate is symbolic of the climate of North Vietnam; featuring all four seasons. In summer, it is hot, humid and rainy, while monsoons flourish. The average annual temperature recorded is 22.9°C. Winter is cold and temperature can go down to 1 – 3°C.
Storms have a large influence on the province, mainly in June, July and August. The intensity can be extremely strong, especially in island and coastal regions.
Where is it?