Cam Thanh Cycling & Thanh Dong Organic Farm
About this experience
Discover Hoi An’s rural charms while riding a bicycle. Pedal through idyllic farm surroundings, and be in awe wonder of the lush, tropical landscapes on your way to an organic farm.
Enjoy the traditional basket boats of Vietnam and test your skills while joining a basket boat race.
- Scenic bike tour of gorgeous Hoi An’s countryside
- Panoramic views of rice fields, small rural roads along the Do River
- Enjoy rural scenery surrounding the charming river while rowing the bamboo basket boat through the coconut palm jungle
- Learn about the local history through a visit to an ancient temple built in the 19th century.
- Directly interact with local farmers and get your hands dirty at an organic farm filled with fragrant flavours from various vegetables
- Learn to cook amazing Vietnamese dishes and enjoy your work in the bamboo house for your appetizer
Your positive contribution
Support Local Farmers
This tour program supports local farmers by supplementing their earnings from farming activities with earnings from tourism activities. Part of the fee goes to the community fund of the farmers.
* Price: $69/pax (adults); $35/pax (kids aged 6 – 10); free-of-charge for children under 5 years old
Hotel pickup at 8.30 a.m, then hop on the bicycle and embark on an adventure through the countryside.
Start cycling through the village (around 6 km). On the way we stop by the water coconut forest, prawn & red snapper farms, and rice fields.
Before arriving to Thanh Dong Organic Farm, stop at Mr. Tien Temple built in 1848 to commemorate the founder of swallow’s bird nest exploitation in this area .
Take a short stroll around the vegetable garden while listening to the story of Cam Thanh villagers since they were introduced to organic farming method.
Afterwards help the farmers with gardening activities such as preparing and applying organic manure to the land, raking the ground, sowing, watering and harvesting vegetables
After saying goodbye to the lovely farmers at Thanh Dong Farm, we will take the basket boat along the Do River, enjoying the scenery while riding to The Field Restaurant.
While waiting for ingredient preparation for your cooking class, have some fun with basket boat racing. Give it all you got, because the winner will get a prize!
Enjoy a short cooking class before having Vietnamese family style lunch.
Get back to the hotel after lunch at 2.30 p.m.
✓ Transfer and transportation as per itinerary (Bicycle/Van)
✓ Entrance fees
✓ Drinking water
✓ Farming tools
✓ Basket boat fee
✓ Banh Xeo (local pancake) dishes demonstration
✓ English speaking tour guide
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks, etc.)
✘ Extra activities (not included in the itinerary)
✘ Tips and gratuities (optional)
✘ Travel insurance
- Starting time: 8.30 a.m at your hotel. If you wish to take our car service from Da nang, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: Your hotel or your preferred meeting point in Hoi An town. Other locations available upon request
- What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable clothes for outdoor activities
- Personal items such as sunblock, hand gel, sunglasses, hat.
- Pocket money for personal expenses such as souvenirs
What's the weather like?
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An city possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29°C. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons.
The heat reaches its peak from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38°C while the lowest temperature only drops at 21°C at night.
Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24°C.
- Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
Where is it?