A Glimpse of Village life at Triem Tay
Hoi An, Quang Nam
4.5 – 5 hours
Culture & Religion
Art & Crafts
About this experience
Do you want to experience an authentic Vietnamese village life? Situated gracefully behind green bamboo ranges, a symbol for rural life in Vietnam, somehow Triem Tay has managed to maintain its rustic and peaceful beauty although it’s only 15-minute bike ride away from the bustling famous ancient town of Hoi An. This tour will offer you a perfect getaway from touristic Hoi An to enter a discreet oasis on poetic Thu Bon River. On this tour, you will learn all about the village’s history, the local economy and production of sedge crafts and local specialties, as well as local permaculture. You will have the chance to pick your own fresh vegetables for a healthy and delicious Vietnamese lunch. A boat trip on Thu Bon River would be a perfect end to your village trip.
- Enjoy cycling on the village road to take in the fresh air of rural atmosphere.
- Learn the production of Vietnamese sedge crafts & specialties.
- Find out how Vietnamese farmers are training and practicing sustainable organic permaculture in the community garden.
- Enjoy a river tour and learn how locals have adapted their lives surrounded by water.
- Taste the fresh and delicious local cuisine.
Your positive contribution
Keeping traditional values
Being located near Hoi An ancient town – a famous cultural heritage recognized by the UNESCO in 1997 is certainly a pressure that Triem Tay has to bear with. To keep the traditional values and simple rural lifestyle but at the same time adapt to new waves brought by tourism might be very difficult to this community’s residents. Community-based tourism is a tool that can help solve the problem and restore fading values.
Admire the surrounding natural beauty and enjoy an authentic Vietnamese meal made with the hand-picked vegetables.
After lunch, head back to Hoi An by cycling. The cycling route will unwrap another view at rural life from the in-land. Time to say goodbye and we hope you have had a wonderful trip.
* Starting from $20/pax (for a group of 10 persons). For detailed price, please kindly contact us.
✓ Boat pick-up from Hoi An
✓ Cycling back to Hoi An if preferred
✓ Lunch, water & snacks during the trip
✓ Local community guide
✓ English speaking facilitator
✓ A visit to mat weaving artisans’ house to learn about this beautiful craft
✓ A stop at local specialty manufacturer
✓ A visit to community garden to learn about permaculture
✘ Personal expense (extra drinks and snacks)
✘ Handicraft souvenirs from the village
✘ Additional contribution to community fund
✘ Car pick-up from Da Nang to Hoi An and back (add-on service)
- Tour length: 4.5 hours
- Starting time: upon guest’s request. Ideal starting time during summer would be at 8.00 am
- Meeting point: 42 Bach Dang, Hoi An
What to bring?
- Light clothing
- Sun screen
Where to meet?