3-day adventure Cat Ba Island & Lan Ha Bay
About this experience
Nestled on the periphery of Vietnam’s fabulous Ha Long Bay, Cat Ba Island is the largest island in the adjacent waters. Rugged, craggy and jungle-clad, Cat Ba was declared a national park in 1986 with lakes, waterfalls and grottoes dotting the spectacular limestone hills. Witnessing the tourism surge in recent years, Cat Ba town is slowly losing its fishing village charm,but do not worry! This tour takes you away from the crowds and is fully packed with fun activities that will make your trip in Vietnam unforgettable.
With idyllic Lan Ha Bay just offshore, this 3-day adventure brings you from cruising on a traditional wooden sailboat to hiking through the pristine national park to discovering caves system and kayaking. Surrounded by the lush green of the forest, you will enjoy your time spent exploring the lakes, caves, mountains and jungles.
- Visit Cat Ba – the largest island in the Ha Long Bay waters and its diverse ecosystem in the Cat Ba National Park
- Enjoy a local stay in a fishing village to learn all about a fishing man’s life and its livelihood
- A close-to-nature trek in the green lush of Cat Ba national park
- Visit Lan Ha Bay, a hidden gem on the emerald water of Cat Ba
- Enjoy boat ride and kayaking activity among limestone outcrops jutting from the emerald waters of Cat Ba
Your positive contribution
Natural Park Conservation and Local Livelihood Support
We share your desire to support conservation project and help the economies of people. This is achieved through giving part of your fees into the national park’s maintenance and giving direct tourism benefits to the local minority by booking their services like homestays.
Day 1: HANOI – CAT BA NATIONAL PARK (L/D)
Hotel pick-up at 08:00 to begin the drive to Dinh Vu Harbour in Quang Ninh province. A 45-minute high-speed boat ride will bring you to Cat Ba Island. When you reach Cat Ba town, it’s also time for lunch. In the afternoon, you will trek to Viet Hai Village through Cat Ba National Park. During the trek (for about 10-12 km), you will get to enjoy bird watching, and sightseeing in the pristine forest and at lake. Along the way, you will have the chance to see native cats, squirrels, spotted deer, snakes, thousands of butterflies, and if you’re lucky, a Cat Ba Langur – a highly endangered species. You will have dinner and stay overnight in a bungalow in Viet Hai Village.
Day 2: LAN HA BAY (B/L/D)
Breakfast will be served at 07:30 a.m followed by a walk (3-5km) to the top of Marine Hill which offers panoramic views of Ha Long Bay and Lan Ha Bay. On returning to Viet Hai Village, you can try a fish massage or take some time to relax before cycling to Viet Hai Harbour. From here you will board the boat to explore the beauty of Lan Ha Bay. Lunch on board followed by one-hour kayaking around Hang Luon Cave. If the weather allows, the boat will take you to some beautiful wild beaches where you can enjoy swimming and snorkeling. Dinner and overnight aboard.
Day 3: LAN HA BAY – CAT BA – HANOI (B/L)
Enjoy the sunsets in the boundless ocean. Breakfast is served aboard, followed by a cruise around Lan Ha Bay among the myriad of limestone peaks. The last day you will visit a fish and shellfish farm and the colourful floating village of Cai Beo. Lunch will be served either on land or aboard. You will disembark at around 11:30 a.m to travel back to Hanoi City.
✓ A/C transfer
✓ Boat trip on Ba Be Lake
✓ Experienced English speaking guide
✓ Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
✓ All sightseeing tickets
✓ No extra charge after confirmation
✓ 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
✘ Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
✘ Travel insurance
✘ Other services not mentioned above
- Starting time: 7:30 a.m
- Meeting point: Your hotel in central Hanoi, please provide us the name and the address
- What to bring:
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes.
- Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip.
- We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat
- Bring warm clothes for winter season bookings
What's the weather like?
- From July to September, the climate is usually humid and hot.
- From October to June brings cooler and more pleasant weather.
Where does the tour occur?