I am Toan Nguyen, and I am pursuing an exciting community tourism project at the final frontier of Vietnam: Lung Cu commune of Ha Giang province. I am writing to seek partners for this ongoing project.
Our idea is simple: The famed Lung Cu flagpole receives more than 100,000 tourists every year, but the local communities have not been able to fully tap into this large market to improve their livelihood. Our goal is to help the people of two villages right under this flagpole (Lo Lo Chai and Xeo Lung villages) tap into this market, sustainably improve their livelihood, and introduce their culture to visitors.
The people of Lo Lo Chai village (the Lo Los) are among the rarest ethnic minorities in Vietnam. Their culture will likely fascinate you and any tourists who have the chance to learn about it. Xeo Lung is the northernmost inhabited location in Vietnam, from which trekkers can access the last border marks of the country.
Currently, uncoordinated individual efforts only helped the local communities attract some 1% of the flagpole tourist flow, while sustainability is not ensured. We hope to make sure the efforts are more coordinated and attract more tourists in a more sustainable way.
We already secured commitment from an investor and renovated a local’s home into a homestay as a market test.
Investor discussions put preliminary budget is between VND 10 billion and VND 20 billion. Infrastructure budget is ~VND 6-12bn. Budget for development support/consultants is ~VND 1bn-2.5bn.
For the next phase, we are launching the main part of the project: organizing the local community to create experience products that helps visitors immerse in local culture and nature. To ensure this next phase succeed, we are looking for an experienced and passionate community tourism and destination management partner.
What we are looking for
- Individuals or organizations with proven experience in destination management and community tourism
- Passionate people who are willing to go above and beyond to accomplish the mission
- Creative problem-solvers and orginal thinkers who can help design immersive cultural experiences that maintain the cultural integrity of the local communities
- Results-driven, detail-oriented project managers who get things done
- Connections and sales experiences among the tour operator community in Vietnam are a plus
- Community tourism experience in Vietnam is a plus
What you’ll get
We are open to flexible arrangements to make sure the offer work for you or your organization. However, here are some things you may get:
- Competitive compensation including cash and stock (of the project company)
- For organizations, we are open to various partnership options and recognitions, including joint-venture
- For individuals, we can offer various titles that fit your track record and experience
For more information, please refer to the information pack attached. As the project progresses, details contained therein may change, but the overall goals and the main ideas shall not.
For more information, please contact the VCBT-N admin via the Contact Form.